There’s nothing more delicious and decadent than a creamy ice cream on a hot Summer day right? I mean if I could only eat one thing during the whole season, it would probably be ice cream! It’s refreshing, sweet and the variety of ice cream flavors is huge. So when I found myself with some time on my hands I went to make ice cream, chocolate caramel ice cream
And guys, it’s not because I made it but this is good! The chocolate caramel ice cream is super creamy and thick, something that for me is a must with ice creams. It’s also packed with an insane amount of flavor. You have the chocolate, the caramel, the vanilla, and the sweet flavor of milk. Everything combined into one thing.
So yes if you are only going to make one ice cream this Summer (or one ice cream at all!) make this one.
You can then use either your ice cream maker or placing it in the freezer for a couple of hours at a time. I prefer to use the ice cream maker since it’s easier and I don’t have to remember about mixing anything but trust is both options are just as good and the ice cream comes out just as creamy.
Once you are ready to serve it scoop it into big bowls, add a drizzle of caramel (the more the merrier), some chopped wafers and enjoy.
- 3 tablespoon of Cocoa powder
- Chocolate syrup or fudge (to taste)
- Caramel syrup (to taste)
- 1 whole vanilla bean
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2/3 cup of caster sugar
- 1 ½ cups of heavy cream
- 1 ½ tbsp of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, boil the milk with the vanilla bean, set aside.
- Next mix in a bowl the milk with vanilla, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt, mix it until the sugar dissolves for about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream.
- Pour it into your ice cream maker and churn according to the directions of the maker.